A great dessert for Valentine's Day: Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
Published Monday, January 25, 2021
Eating Healthy Together aims to provide a supportive, informative, and healthy food environment for consumers at Thunder Bay Regional Health Science Centre. This is accomplished by removing ultra-processed foods and beverages to ensure nutritious items are available.
A great dessert for Valentine’s Day: Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
• 3 cups strawberries, cut in halves
• 2 cups rhubarb, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 3 tbsp cornstarch
• ¼ cup maple syrup
• ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats (or regular)
• ½ cup almond flour
• ¼ cup coconut sugar
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• ¼ tsp salt
• ¼ cup butter, cut into cubes (can sub coconut oil)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Add the chopped strawberries and rhubarb to a large mixing bowl. Mix and add orange juice, cornstarch and maple syrup together until combined and then add to the mixing bowl, tossing everything together.
3. In a food processer, add all the crisp topping ingredients and pulse until crumbly. You can alternatively use a bowl and your hands, pressing until you get a crumbly mixture.
4. Pour the fruit mixture into an 8x8 inch baking dish then add the crumble topping.
5. Bake for 45-50 minutes, then remove from the oven and let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe from: https://choosingchia.com/healthy-strawberry-rhubarb-crisp/