Peanut Butter Granola
Published Tuesday, March 8, 2022
Submitted by Becky Ross, Registered Pharmacy Technician, Pharmacy
3 cups large flake oats
2 cups pecan pieces
1 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- On the stovetop or in the microwave, heat peanut butter, vanilla and maple syrup until smooth.
- Add smooth mixture to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Spread out on parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 F for 30-40 minutes, mixing every 15 minutes.
- Turn off oven and let granola cool in oven for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy with milk of choice, fruit, yogurt, add to trail mix, or on its own by the handful.
Recipe adapted from Amy Conrad, RNT
Healthy Eating Tip: Nuts and seeds are a great way to add healthy fats and fibre to your meal.